German Lipot (Herman Lipot, 1884 - 1972)
A Hungarian painter and graphic artist. Born in the town of Nagy-Szent- Mikl_s, Hungary. In the years of 1901 - 1905 he studied at Budapest School of Design under the tutelage of E. Ballo. In 1910 he continued his studies at the famous art school of A. Azbe in Munich. Conducted an active exhibition activity. During 1909 - 1910 he painted posters and illustrated books in Berlin. After returning to Hungary (1910) he participated in arranging the ArtistsХ Colony in Kecskemet. In 1911 visited Paris, London and Brussels. During the time of the Hungarian Soviet Republic in 1919 he led the Federation of Trade Unions of Fine and Applied Arts. Since 1921 - a participant of international exhibitions in the Netherlands, France, Germany and Italy. Big solo exhibitions were held in the Ernst Museum in Budapest (1920, 1924, 1954). In 1930 he worked as an illustrator. A large number of works was published in the magazines of Hungary and other countries. Honored Artist of Hungary (1964) and winner of M. Munkachi Prize (1952). In 1974 a memorial exhibition was held in the Hungarian National Gallery. He worked in the manner of Impressionism, creating compositions with nude female figures in the open air. Author of numerous portraits and landscapes. The works are stored in Hungary, Germany, France, Russia and numerous private collections.