Kuprin Olexander Vasylyovych (1880 - 1960)
A famous Russian painter. Born in Borisoglibsk. He received his elementary art education in the studio of L. Dmitriev-Kavkazskyy in St. Petersburg (1902 - 1904) and in the studio of K. Yuon in Moscow (1904 - 1906). He graduated from Moscow School of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture (1906 - 1910). His teachers were A. Arkhipov, M. Kasatkin, L. Pasternak and K. Korovin. One of the founders of the artists' union called ТThe Jack of Diamonds" (1910). In the 1920s he was a member of such artistsХ unions as "Moscow painters" and "Existence". He taught at the Public free art workshop in Moscow (1920 - 1922), at the Public free art workshop in Nyzhniy Novgorod (1920 - 1922), at the Higher Art and Technical Institute (1922 - 1930) and at Moscow Textile Institute (1931 - 1939). Since 1934 - professor. Head of the department of painting at Strohanov Central School of Arts and Crafts in Moscow. Corresponding Member of the Academy of Arts of the USSR since 1954. Honored Artist of the Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic since 1956. His works are stored in the State Tretyakov Gallery, the State Russian Museum, in many Art Museums of Russia and the world.
Painters works:Auction №11 Lot №31
«A lanscape», Ist half 20thC
canvas on cardboard, oil; 49,5х55,5
Price: 30 000 – 40 000 $