Murashko Olexander Ivanovych (1842 - 1910)
A Ukrainian artist. Born in Krolevets, Sumy region. He is the brother of M. Murashko - painter, founder of Kyiv Drawing School. Stepfather of the famous Ukrainian artist O. Murashko. Teacher by profession. The owner of the icon store with icon-painting workshop, the merchant of the 2nd guild. In the late 1880s he moved to Kyiv, opened the workshop (Zhitomir street, 8), where he worked as an icon painter, wood carver and master of iconostases. At the invitation of A. Prahov he participated in the decoration of the Volodymyr Cathedral in Kyiv. After the artistsХs design the iconostases for the Holy Resurrection Cathedral in Rivne (1895), Alexander Nevsky Cathedral in Baku (1898), St. Elizabeth's Church in Kyiv (Truhanov Island, 1910) were performed. He painted paintings on religious themes and icons.
Painters works:Auction №16 Lot №14
«Last Judgment», 1898
(copy of the composition V.Vasnetsov on the western wall of the Vladimir Cathedral in Kiev)
canvas, oil; 80х112
Price: 10 000 – 15 000 $