Tereshkovych Konstyantyn Andriyovych (Abramovych) (1902 - 1978)
A well-known representative of the "Russian Paris", painter, graphic artist, illustrator and author of critical articles. Born in the village of Meshcherske, Moscow region. Since 1907 he lived in Moscow with his family. Since 1911 he studied at the studios of K. Yuon, I. Mashkov and F. Rerberg. In 1917 he entered Moscow School of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture, where he studied under the guidance of P. Kuznetsov. In 1918 he was enlisted in the Red Army. Because of a military confusion he occurred in Batumi, where he worked on a tea plantation. Illegally he moved to Constantinople, served as a groom in the British cavalry. In 1920 without money and passport he got to Marseille, then - to Paris. He found refuge at the place of the critic S. Romov thanks to whom he met with M. Larionov and V. Barthes. He studied at the Academy de la Grande Chaumi_re. He was on friendly terms with M. Chagall, M. Keesling and P. Kremen, sometimes he worked in the workshop of H. Sutin. During 1922 - 1923 he visited Berlin, where he held a solo exhibition in the gallery Neumann. In the early 1920s he published critical articles and essays in the journal ТUdarУ ("Stroke") and in the newspaper ТDniУ ("Days"). He exhibited his works in the salons: Autumn (since 1934 - member of the salon), Tuileries and Independent. He participated in numerous group exhibitions with the French and Russian artists in Paris, Geneva, Chicago, New York, Moscow, Belgrade, etc. He held solo exhibitions in Paris galleries of T. Carmine (1924, together with V. Barthes and A. Lanskyy), Ch.-A. Girard (1927 Р 1934), Quatre Chemins (1927), Bernier (1948 - 1964), Petrid_s (1953 - 1975), in the galleries of Zurich, Nice, London, Tokyo, etc. He painted landscapes, still lives and genre scenes. In 1930 he began a series of painted portraits of his friends: H. Sutin, P. Bonnard, G. Rouault, G. Braque, K. van Dongen, A. Derain, R. Dufy and many others. His works were purchased by such museums as Galerie nationale du Jeu de Paume and Mus_e de Grenoble. In 1948 together with the artists M. Brianchon, and R. Lege and J. d'Asay he created the group "Poetic reality". He was engaged in ballets design, painted furniture and ceramics, made drawings for the tapestries. Author of numerous lithographic series, watercolours and illustrations. In the years of 1950 - 1960 he worked for a long time in Finland, Tunis, Algeria, Mexico, the USA and in the Far East. In 1951 he received the Grand Prize of the 1st Biennale in Menton. He was awarded the Order of the Legion of Honor and the Order of Arts and Literature. His works are exhibited in major collections of Europe and the USA.